If you’ve ever asked online how to earn extra money, you’ve received answers ranging from “eBay” to “Get a job, looser!” (Jerks never seem to be able to spell properly.) For the largest variety of ways to earn money, though, the undisputed king is Craigslist.
While you can sell a wide variety of possessions and homemade items on eBay, Craigslist gives you almost unlimited ways to bring in some quick cash, including many opportunities that most likely wouldn’t occur to you no matter how long you thought about it. For example, do you have feet? Some people out there will be very glad to hear that!
Here are five unique ways to grab some cash using Craigslist.
- Work as a lice removal technician. Some people have lice. They don’t want lice. There are companies that make products to eliminate lice, but they don’t want to go around dealing with lice-riddled heads. These three facts mean a career as an independent contractor with lice removal companies could be waiting for you on Craigslist. Yes, you can make money this way, but…lice.
- Sell trash. There’s an entire section of the “For Sale” area on Craigslist where people list items they’re giving away. Many times, these items can be sold for a profit, as can items you find that have been placed out on the street for trash pickup. It’s not glamorous, but it is extra money.
- Sell yourself. No, not that way. (Get your mind out of the gutter.) You can sell everything from your time doing errands and chores to friendship. There are people that will pay you just to spend time with them in a non-sexual way, which is a sad commentary on the state of today’s society and a way to earn extra money.
- Sell stray animals. There are actually people that find stray animals and “sell” them on Craigslist. Usually, you’re not buying the animal, you’re paying a “rehoming” fee to these people, but money is money…as long as you don’t have a problem with tracking down and homing stray animals until you can sell them.
- Sell pictures of your feet. Especially if you’re of the female persuasion, there is a large market of people that will gladly pay you for pictures of your feet. No worries about anything else, because they’re not looking for anything else. You could have an extra-money gold mine just below your shins if you’re up for it.
So, if it gets to be the end of the month and you still need some dosh to pay the light bill, get creative, get on Craigslist, and get earning!