As a business owner you’re always looking for ways to bring in new customers and improve your business. In today’s marketplace one of the best way to do this is with a creative responsive website. A fantastic website can help your company develop its brand image and online presence. When paired with a strong digital marketing strategy and website can truly be a force to be reckoned with. The goal of your website is to get your company and its products or services in front of as many people as possible. If you’re not sure where to begin, take a look a these tips:
- Keep things simple while avoiding clutter. People will grow easily frustrated and your website will suffer from high bounce rates if your website is cluttered with unnecessary or annoying features. You should employ minimalistic and simple design schemes when creating your website. Keep only pertinent information on your website and don’t confuse users with features they don’t need.
- Keep the website secure – You cannot afford to leave your website vulnerable to cyber attacks. It’s quite possible that you’ll be handling sensitive information for customers. If it gets into the wrong hands it will severely damage the business-customer relationship. Take the necessary security measures including data encryption, passwords, and security certificates.
- Use a professionally designed logo. Customers, both new and existing, should be able to recognize your business based on logo alone. You need something that is well-designed and memorable to capture people’s attention. A great logo assists in building brand identity and needs to reflect your business clearly. If you aren’t experienced with design, you may want to get help from a professional. A simple logo design shouldn’t even cost too much.
- Make use of intuitive navigation. When someone is visiting your site they should never be lost looking for direction. Your navigation should be intuitive and guide people easily to their next destination. Confusing navigation can definitely lead to high bounce rates as users leave in frustration. Remember, there are a wide variety of users in your target audience, and you want all of them to feel at home on your website. A good web developer will always be sure to use simple and straightforward navigation, they know its importance.
- Hire a professional photographer. High-quality professional images can really set your website apart from the competition. People will notice right away that you’ve invested in quality and a valuable user experience. Stock images just won’t cut it, they’re cheap, unoriginal, and give websites a generic feel. A skilled photographer can make a huge difference on the design of a website. It may cost a little bit more money, but it’s worth the investment.
- Every page on your website should be a landing page. Don’t confuse landing page with home page, obviously you don’t want multiple copies of that. Instead, make every page on your website a place people want to visit or “land” on. Utilize valuable, high-quality content make deep site navigation worth it. Make sure each page prominently displays your logo, and that the logo links directly to your homepage. That goes back to intuitive navigation. Each and every page on your website is an integral part of the experience, and it needs to be designed that way.
- Don’t annoy your visitors. Remember that user experience is extremely important. If you want traffic and repeat traffic then your website can’t be annoying. Flash animations are a thing of the past and cause nothing but headaches, don’t use them. The same goes for pop ups, which unlike Flash, were never useful. Another thing that is sure to annoy users are auto-play music and videos. Nobody wants to be bombarded with unexpected sound upon arriving at your site. Be keenly aware of the user experience and don’t be annoying.
- Take advantage of the space “above the fold.” The term comes from newspapers, the space ‘above the fold’ is what you seen on the front page when a paper is folded in half. It’s important that you take advantage of this space on your website. Users are going to make a decision as to your website’s value very quickly. This space is where you can convince them to stick around. Make sure all the important information is here, and make sure your site message is clearly established.
- Employ responsive design or face irrelevance. Consider for a moment the wide array of devices people are now using to get online. Responsive design ensures that your websites displays and function properly on each and every one of them. Creative responsive web designs are essential moving forward. If a user can’t access for website from a particular device, they’ll likely give up entirely on your company. Make sure your website is up to date and responsive.
Following these steps can help you design and develop the best website possible for your business. But it’s a lot of work and handling on your own may just not be possible. Don’t be afraid to consult with an experienced website design company to ensure success.